Thursday, April 24, 2008

Over the Mountain of the Moon


This is a view from my land.
A view towards where history and myth walk aside, where man and triton share an imaginary common existence.
This is a view from my land.
A bit of Earth, a bit of Mars, a bit of Moon.
A choice, an election, to be face to face with the wonder.
This is a view from my land.
Day by day witnessing the perfect relation between the celestial bodies.
This is a view from my land.
A view into the Beyond.
Into New Worlds.
And this is why, when leaving, I always look back at
Sintra, the mountain of the moon.
And this is why when the old volcano is already out of sight I look inside searching for its presence.

Tomorrow
Portugal dresses itself in carnations and I will place myself on a different scenario, although transporting myself to another place where peace and beauty rule, I can’t avoid to make Byron’s words my own temporary farewell to the territory that conquered me.

“XVIII.

Poor, paltry slaves! yet born ’midst noblest scenes
– Why, Nature, waste thy wonders on such men?
Lo! Cintra’s glorious Eden intervenes
In variegated maze of mount and glen.
Ah me! what hand can pencil guide, or pen.
To follow half on which the eye dilates
Through views more dazzling unto mortal ken
Than those whereof such things the Bard relates.
Who to the awe-struck world unlock’d Elysium’s gates?”

Lord Byron, Childe Harold’s Pilgrimage

Feel free to check my
not-really-updated photography blog dedicated to my hometown, but, really, better than seing those images is to be here in person...if you’re thinking about coming to this side of the world tell me something, I am sure we could have a good glass of wine and a great conversation!

Don’t forget to participate at
spacEurope’s online competition, the clock doesn’t stop and you have only 24 days to send your participations.
In spite of traveling, this blog won’t be silent, tomorrow spacEurope welcomes a very special guest with a truly inspiring testimony. Don’t miss it.

No comments: